Vegan Kale Pesto (revisited)
Last week I bought the mother of all kale bunches at the store. This works with either frozen kale or fresh – I try to buy it fresh, remove it from the stems, and freeze some but I had eaten it all.
If you have some of the vegan Parmesan cheese already made, you have already done most of the work!
Vegan Kale Pesto
- Food processor
- 2 cups vegan Parmesan cheese see link to recipe
- 1.5 cups olive oil
- 12 cubes frozen basil cubes
- 6-8 cubes frozen garlic or equivalent fresh minced garlic
- 1 bunch kale
- Put all ingredients in food processor. Pulse until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer until you’re ready to use it.
I found that in my previous pesto recipe, you need a 1:1 ratio of vegan Parmesan to olive oil. By doubling the previous recipe and adding the bunch of kale (removed from stems), you can cut back on the olive oil as well as the basil. And because it makes nearly 3 cups, you can store some in the freezer for another day when you need a quick meal.