I made this to try out my new blender and the ninja did great! I only blended for maybe 20 seconds and the ice was completely gone 👍🏻👍🏻.
Y’all, I *LOVE* Thrive magazine so much. It’s my favorite vegan magazine. Recently I was in a rut so I went through all the fall magazines I have stashed away to make a list of the recipes I want to try.
I got a pumpkin smoothie at Jamba Juice a long time ago and I’d been looking for a way to make that at home. I tested a few recipes I found online but this one from Thrive Volume 19 is perfection! This would make a good breakfast but I have this as my dessert.
Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder or less, optional
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup non-dairy yogurt optional
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup or liquid sweetener
- 1 cup ice optional
- Put ingredients in blender (see user manual for order you should load your blender). Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
I’ll have to make another one today to get a picture. I just ate pumpkin baked oatmeal – is there such thing as eating too much pumpkin? Asking for a friend 😉