Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
When the weather gets warm, okay sweltering, all I want are cold foods. I don’t want to bake or turn on the oven. You know what I mean?
For the past few summers I have been hooked on fruit smoothies. I still love them but with the pandemic getting fresh or frozen fruit has been more difficult. We joined a CSA and I can get bananas and some berries, but not everything we were able to have in the before times. I get açaí powder from Thrive Market and all I need to add is plant milk, ice, and a banana.
Then I remembered I could make smoothies out of protein powder! Chocolate smoothies? Sign. Me. Up.
You could use any chocolate protein powder, but I love the chocolate one by OWYN. It’s got 20 grams of protein, probiotics, is free from the top 8 allergens, doesn’t have any weird sweeteners, and has a lot of iron. Like an actual lot – 50% of the daily value.
This is so easy that it barely qualifies as a recipe! It’s maybe a little too easy? I just got off the scale and my nightly habit of this smoothie while playing Animal Crossing has caught up to me! Rather than make (and eat!) one for a photo here, I need to lay off of them for a day or two and I’ll use a stock photo for now.
Chocolate Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup plant milk of your choice
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter or other nut or seed butter more or less to taste
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1 Tbsp Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips optional, but so tasty!
- 1 frozen banana optional
- Add all ingredients to blender and process until smooth. If you are using a frozen banana, add it now.
- Top with optional chocolate chips and enjoy!